Before You Arrive…Pre-Register Online and Set-Up Appointment
- You do not need a doctor’s order. We screen you and provide the order here.
- Please go to our registration page, complete the registration form and click “submit”.
- Our staff will call you to get your medical history, insurance information, and find out if you have symptoms. If you do have symptoms, we will suggest you check-in to see a provider. This is in your best interest for two reasons. First, the vast majority of patients being tested have an illness other than coronavirus. And second, you probably have something we can treat so being seen may be just the thing to get you feeling better.
- When we call you, we will arrange a time that is convenient for you to come in.
- Please understand if you arrive unannounced, you may have a longer wait because others may be tested ahead of you.
FAQs about Covid-19 Tests
We use three different RNA tests.
In-House: Urgent Care Clinic of Lincoln has partnered with BioFire and is now running in-house Covid-19 RNA testing with a one hour turnaround time. Our test screens all three strains of Covid-19, has a sensitivity of 97.1% and a specificity of 99.3%! This test is tied to our respiratory panel which means we are testing for 13 viruses and 4 bacteria that cause respiratory infections. It is the superior choice for patients who are sick and we need answers quickly. It is also ideal for our surgeons in town who need their patients cleared quickly for surgery. This test is also good for special needs where one hour turnaround is time critical. This test will be billed to your insurance.
LabCorp: For patients who have absolutely no symptoms; but have been exposed, we are typically sending those lab tests to LabCorp. LabCorp has about a 48-72 hour turnaround time. This test is a RNA test for strains of Covid-19. This is a good choice for people who are not symptomatic.
NPHL: Our second option is to send the test to the Nebraska Public Health Lab. NPHL also runs a RNA test for strains of Covid-19. NPHL is used when 24 hour turnaround time is important. While patients like the idea of NPHL because there is no charge, the NPHL only accepts tests for these patients http://www.nphl.org :
- Healthcare workers
- Public Safety/First Responders (EMS, law enforcement, firefighters)
- Residents and staff at nursing homes
- Residents and staff at group homes, homeless shelters, and daycare facilities
- Individuals who are 65 years old and older, and anyone with underlying conditions
The NPHL option is good for patients with medical conditions, risk factors, or critical personnel such as health care workers or public safety officers.
If you have questions about our facilities, please feel free to call us. Our clinic is divided into segments with electrostatic air filters so it is completely safe for you to come in for virus testing, lacerations, x-rays or other illnesses and injuries. For a complete list of our services, click here.
Overview of COVID-19 for Fire/EMS Agencies and PSAPs:
- Interim Guidance for EMS Agencies and 911 Public Safety Answering Points (CDC)
- COVID-19 Overview for EMS Agencies (NHTSA Webinar)
- COVID-19 Situation Overview (CDC)
- COVID-19 GIS Hub (Esri Public Health)
- Interim Guidance for Healthcare Providers (CDC)
- Healthcare Planning Checklist for COVID-19 (HHS)
- Frequently Asked Questions: COVID-19(CDC)
Recommendations on PPE Selection and Infection Control:
- Guide to Selecting, Donning, and Doffing PPE for Coronavirus (NETEC)
- Strategies for Optimizing the Supply of N95 Respirators (CDC)
- Healthcare Supply of Personal Protective Equipment (CDC)
- Infection Control for Suspected COVID-19 Patients (WHO)
Recommendations on Maintaining Operations