What You Need to Know:
1. We are an Urgent Care Clinic, not a drive through screening center. If you want to be tested for Covid, no matter what your reasons are, we will see you as a patient, test you, and bill your insurance. You are responsible for any charges not covered by your insurance. Our mission is to diagnose and treat illnesses in an urgent environment. Everyone is welcome to use our services. If you do not have insurance, you will be required to pay for your services. This includes medicaid as we do not accept medicaid from any state.
2. We offer three types of testing. We have in-house antigen testing, send out PCR testing, and in-house respiratory panel PCR testing. Which test method we use is dependent upon several factors. We will discuss those with you when you arrive. We currently have all three in stock.
3. If you are traveling, you are responsible for knowing what type of test will be accepted for your travel AND how far in advance the test may be run. This is critically important. For example, if you need a send out PCR test because you fly on Sunday you need to know that the send out labs are closing on weekends. Most of our PCR tests are coming back within 24 hours. So if you leave on Sunday and show up on Saturday to be tested, you may not have results in time for your trip.
4. All three types of tests have their use and place during the pandemic. Our respiratory panel is the fastest, most accurate, but also the most expensive. We faithfully attempt to use that test with people who are ill and knowing what is wrong with them is of urgent importance. Because of this, it is the test that is used the least because we use it for diagnosis and less for screening. However, we also recognize some people have last minute emergencies where this level and speed of testing is necessary. If you feel you need the most accurate and fastest method of testing, you will be asked to sign a form indicating you understand this. We will bill your insurance. Your insurance company wants us to examine you to determine if they plan on covering some, all, or none of your testing. You are responsible for knowing what your insurance plan is. Every plan is different and we do not have access to your personal insurance benefits.
5. Our staff is stretched thin as they have been running the Covid marathon for over 2 1/2 years now. Wait times may surge during outbreaks. If this frustrates you please remember surges in Covid are strongly related to the unvaccinated and spread to those who are vulnerable. This is not a situation our staff created and they are doing their best to provide you with the best care in the most efficient method.